Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy Weekend

Friday night we went to an outdoor event at Fort Lee.  We usually go dancing on Thursday night at Old Towne in Petersburg.  I had a reception to go to at our church so we couldn't make our usual Thursday night out.  Someone told us that there was a band and dancing on Fridays and it is free.  So we had to check it out.
It was fun and we saw a lot of the same people we see in Petersburg.
The beer was cheaper also, $10 for a bucket of 5 beers.
Jean and Jo - first friends we made at our church.
Yes we will go again.
I made cookies for the kids - they will be here on Thursday!!!!
I helped at a reception after church - a ice cream social for all the fathers.  We also celebrated our pastor's 10 year anniversary of of his ministry at Grace Lutheran.
Pastor and his family.
There were 10 flavors of ice cream.
Sue, our choir director.  Pastor and his wife Bonnie.
This is Nancy, she is in my chimes group.  She and her husband are raising their 3 teenage grandaughters.  She amazes me.

I had to get a picture of Don, loved his tie.
A young girl at our church painted this picture of our church for the pastor.
Bonnie with her favorite flowers.
I got to wear one of my aprons and I received a lot of compliments.
We went to lunch and came home - Dave was pooped and took a nap. 
I worked on my ripple afghan and -
crochet bag -
while I watched the old "True Grit" - I just happened to find it when flipping through channels -
We watched the new version the other night.  Both very good.
Relaxing on the porch in the evening - Max has been over for the weekend.
This is my apron collection.  I love them and find them for a bargain at TJ Max and Marshall's. 
Herbs.
Cherries.
Roosters.
Kind of Frenchy.
Watermelon.
Vintage.
I had to walk around and admire my gorgeous hydrangeas.
I am amazed at the number of blooms.
Day lillies are in full bloom.
This is a real treat.  Our Plum Tree is bursting with sweet, delicious fruit.
Yummy!

No comments: