Thursday, June 09, 2011

This is one of my favorite cook books of late...so many recipes I want to try.
Made this recently; it was so good and easy to prepare.
Good wine.
Recently we had a shrimp boil.
Enjoyed dinner outside.
The dogs are always close by.
Last week we had dinner at Jerry and Barbara's before they left for Idaho for the summer.  We won't see them for 6 months - we will miss them.
Barbara always serves such great meals.
I thought I would share a few pics of the garden from two weeks ago and take more this weekend to show how much the plants have grown.  Our garden looks better this year than ever before.
Green Beans.
Sweet potatoes.
Okra, not sure what happened but they just didn't come up so I had to plant them again.
Acorn squash.
Zuchinni.
Cucumbers at the top and melons below.
Pumpkins.
Tomatoes and pepper plants.
Brussel sprouts at top and tomatoes and onions.
Few from the pool.
We have been enjoying the pool.  Temperature today was 101!
I try to go out every afternoon and get on my float and read - my favorite thing to do.
Finished this book today.  Loved it.
Dave keeps trying to grow roses - new one that is gorgeous.
Lavender Rose.
Every year a turtle shows up in our yard.
Doesn't stick around long.


Have watched some good movies.. not much on TV this time of year.  Black Swan was good - amazing acting.  I don't quite understand a few things and would like to watch it again to see if I missed something.  "Milk" is an older film with Sean Penn.  Very interesting - a true story from the 70's about the gay movement in San Francisco.  Some of the scenes were from actual news casts of the day - Anita Bryant was shown several times - I remember her stance on the gays.  A very good film - check it out.

No comments: