Sunday, April 22, 2007

Baby Booties!

I worked on a pair of crochet baby booties all weekend; "Rose Baby Booties" from "Crochet for Babies" I must have torn out and started over 20 times! I just couldn't get the numbers to come out right. I finally figured out I needed to mark the beginning of each row and count carefully. You would think I would know that by now.
I think the bootie turned out cute, but it wasn't easy.

This is the pattern. The sole in blue is what I just couldn't get to come out per the pattern; persistance paid off. There was an error in the pattern which I didn't pick up on for a long time - patterns are suppose to be right - this has never happened to me before. I also had problems with this crochet hook. It is one of the new, ergonomic ones which was hard getting use to, but I love it now.

The next step was the "instep" (in yellow) - not much of a problem with this.

Then the sides (yellow) - a little trouble here - the second bootie was a lot easier and faster. The rose was fun!These are for Amy's friend who is having twins, as I mentioned in previous posts. There are a cute pair of booties that look like tennis shoes in the same book that I may attempt for baby boy. Here are some other items I made for these little ones:

Six baby wash cloths - the picture isn't very good, starting upper left - Pink Baby Feet, Yellow Baby Bottle, Multi Pacifier, Blue Baby Feet, Hearts in Pink and I Love Mom.

These little hats were fun - The yellow one has a flower and the blue one has a star.

More booties - I love making booties - fun and usually pretty fast. The tan booties have doggy buttons and the pink booties have rabbit buttons. I love buttons, I tend to buy them whenever and add them to my stash to use for future projects - I just can't resist them

No comments: