Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A little knitting,cooking and gardening

A little garden update. This is the first bloom on my moonflower. These are annuals and they bloom at about 6:00 pm. They are just gorgeous.

This was our corn harvest. There wasn't much of it but it was very tasty. Hopefully we will have a better harvest next year.
Dave shucking the corn.
The corn stalks never got very full, kind of spindly looking....

This is sesame chicken. Dave said it was the best meal I ever made for him. I'm not sure about that but it was pretty tasty.

I have started Christmas knitting. This is a scarf that works up pretty fast. It is called "Spiral Scarf" It is a lot prettier than this photo. I will take another picture later. It is made with Mohair yarn and is very soft.

Another Spiral Scarf. This is made with worsted weight yarn. Different yarn - different look.

Another view of the burgandy scarf.


Okay, this is my very first knitted purse. It is made with 100% wool and it is to be felted. Felting is a process that I am a little nervous about. The purse is very large now. The next step is to wash it in very hot water and it will shrink and the knit stitches sort of adhere to each other and the item becomes thick and fuzzy. You have to check it very often during the process, to be sure that the item doesn't shrink too much. I will have the finished purse ready within the next week, I hope - I have bought a pretty trim to go around the top. Wish me luck!







No comments: