Tuesday, September 04, 2007

College Football Season Begins

The car is packed and loaded with hokie gear.

The flag is hung and we are on our way for the first game of the season against East Carolina at 12 noon on September 1.

We made a stop in Bedford Virginia on the way. I had seen this yarn shop, "Yarn Theory" advertised in a magazine and wanted to check it out. This is Teresa, she was so sweet and I enjoyed visiting with her.

She showed me how to make this really pretty scarf - a drop stitch pattern. I am anxious to begin one of these.

Too many goodies!

This is what I ended up with. Most of this will be used to make some really cool Christmas presents. The green bag is made by Lantern Moon. I really didn't need another knit bag but I couldn't resist.

It was an emotional day at the game. There were pregame memorial events. The teams came out to the field at the same time and there was no booing.


The stadium was packed. There was a moment of silence in memory of the of April 16th shootings. During the national anthem there was a tribute video shown. ECU presented a check for $100,000 for the memorial fund.

F-15s flyover.

Balloon release.

It was a good game. ECU came to play. The Hokies won but it was a struggle.













No comments: