Sunday, November 04, 2007

Thursday Night Hokie Game

We loaded up the car and headed to Va. Tech for the Thursday night game against Boston College. It started raining and didn't let up. We really needed the rain but why did it have to rain on this day. The rain may stop me but not Dave and thousands of other Hokie fans!


After we checked in at the hotel in Roanoke we headed for Blacksburg. Another Hokie headed to the ball game.

Another decorated car outside of the bookstore. The wreath had lights on it - wonder if they would light up?

Me outside the bookstore; we bought this Tech umbrella.

We went to the Cabo Fish Taco Restaurant, one of my favorites. Dave wasn't real excited about the food the first time we went, but I think he liked it better this time. He got appetizers and soup. The drink is a "El,cheapo Margarita" this is the description on the menu - " Low on funds? Not to worry.....drink'em like the Baja locals do: fresh, tasty and super-easy on the pocket - $3.50. (All the drinks had cute descriptions)

Enjoying the shrimp!

I had a hard time making up my mind, everything sounded so good. This was the night special - "Tortillas piled high with soft shell crab on top" Sooo good - the best meal I have had in a long time.

Dave stepped outside for a cigarette.

Dave's next drink - "Azul a Rita" "Try something new.... it's blue. Made with Jose Cuervo Esperial, Blue Curaco, pineapple juice and our house mix". I stuck with wine and diet coke.

Yummy!

The rain did not let up, so this is where I stayed during the game. Upstairs in the restaurant there is a big red leather sofa and chair. Very nice and cozy. I was the only person up there most of the night. I watched the game and did my knitting. The game was great with the Hokies in the lead until the last 2 minutes. BC had 0 points for most of the game - all of the sudden they came to life and scored 2 touchdowns winning the game 14 to 10.










No comments: