Monday, March 24, 2008

I have been knitting - a little.


















I have to say that one of my most favorite things to knit is hats for babies and children - they are fast and they are a project that I actually finish once I start them. I started these cute bunny hats for the twins:

Another little hat with a flower:

I started this little hat with a pansy - so cute.

I also like to knit purses. This is a very interesting pattern. It is called the "Lucy Bag." It is a felted project. I am making it for a friend.

What is this monster thing? It will be a cool tote to carry to the Va Tech games. I am working on the straps, then it will be felted and shrink to a lot smaller size, hopefully.

I have also been doing a lot of sewing, and why not. I got a new machine and I love it. So easy to use. I can download embroidery patterns directly from my computer or from my memory stick. I am practicing a lot of different things - I have a lot to learn!
Cute little horse pattern with ribbons for his tail.

A little shirt I appliqued for Meighan and added a cute ribbon. I have never done a lot of applique, but it is very easy with my new machine and plan on doing a lot more.



I am also doing some sewing, which I haven't done for years. I made little outfits for Meg and Alex - I love the carrot buttons. I also made a dress -for me, it's not perfect but I wore it to work and had a few compliments, maybe I will take a picture and post - maybe.


No comments: