Saturday, July 02, 2011

Friday and Saturday with the Grandkids

Friday morning Meighan and I made a cake - Key Lime Pound Cake.  I made this before and thought it could use a little more lime, so I added more zest, the results were yummy.
I found fresh little key limes.
Meg loved the batter.
Fresh out of the oven.
Key lime glaze makes this cake.  Recipe from Southern Living.
Alex loves playing games on the computer. 
Emerson came over to spend the night. 
I don't know who likes playing at the pool most - Meg or Emmy.
Annabelle in her little cubby.
I tried one of the wines I bought from Trader Joes on Thursday.  Cute bottle - terrible wine.
Saturday morning we went to the flea market.  We gave each kid $10.  First stop was the action figure booth.  Alex loved it.
Whoa!
Decisions, decisions!
He decided on this one.  It cost $10 and he was happy.
The sellers threw in this mask for free.  The white around the eyes light up = lime green but it doesn't show in this picture.
Meg bought a hat - $1.50.
She got these and a remote brats car and a doll for $7.50 = the fairy was a freebie.  So many nice people at the flea.
Dave bought this candy arcade for $7 - the kids loved it.
I bought the Fisher Price dollhouse for $7.  We had fun. Emmy didn't buy a thing so we gave her the $10 to add to her savings.  It was so hot and we were hungry and thirsty.  We went to What=a=Burger for lunch.
Grandpa and Meg took Emmy home.  Meg wanted to see Oreo - Emmy's rabbit.  Alex and I stayed home and chilled out together.
In the afternoon the kids played with the water rocket and sprinkler.
We discovered a bird's nest with babies in the rose bush in our front yard.

Then we headed to the back yard for a dip.
Alex finally put on his bathing suit and joined us.
We had dinner of mac and cheese, bread, cukes, peppers and tomatoes from the garden. Meg wanted ice cream with sprinkles for dessert.  Doesn't she look tired.  We all were.  The kids were in the bed and asleep by 9:45.  That is where I am headed now to read my book. 

No comments: