Friday, December 09, 2011

Dave and I went to Cary Street last week - to look around.  We hadn't been in a long while.  This restaurant was so good..... "CanCan" - a french restaurant.

This bread was to die for.....

Gorgeous bar...

Dave had french onion soup...

I had pumpkin-very different and very delish!

Dave had a burger... those fries were the best.

I had 1/2 sandwich and salad...very yum.

We bought some of that delicious bread to take home.

Bathrooms were different and charming..



I went to a favorite knit shop...haven't been here for a couple of years.  I bought some yarn to make a shawl.

Had to go to this chocolate store...

I bought something really neat here, will share a picture later.


We found a neat thrift shop - "Fan-tastic Shop on Main Street and some fantastic deals.

This is a vintage planter, so cute..

Books  - wow.  Very cheap, these were .75 cents - the next two Twilight series books, which I have really taken a liking to.


Patterns - .25 each.


Scarf for $1, I think I will monogram something to make it real special.

Mickey and Minnie hats are done.

Fingerless gloves are done.


Getting some Christmas decorations done.

This was a delicious dinner.


I bought this cake in a clay pot a while ago, so I decided to bake it tonight.  It was very good - key lime.



I made a little gooey glaze...

it was yummy.

After church last Sunday we stayed to help decorate...


That tree is huge!!!

It was fun and we enjoyed a nice lunch prepared by Faye.


Another great recipe....grilled, teriyaki salmon.

and my most favorite recipe in a long time...Pecan-Crusted Mozzarella Salad..

1/2 inch sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, dipped in flour, egg, lastly in a mixture of Panko bread crumbs, pecans, cheese...


so good, my favorite of the year.

I made my cut out butter cookies this week to take to a memorial reception at our church on Saturday.




Another great dish...

These are "Truffled Roasted Potatoes" =OMG, these were the yummiest ever.  Don't tell Dave but this bottle of White Truffle Oil was $10...well worth it to me.


This wine was perfect with dinner.

I am saving corks - to make a wreath.

This is dinner - Pork Milanese - it was good and will make it again.


Sarah came today to groom all the doggies - even Max - he spent the night with us last night, so he would be here for his grooming.


Max was so good and he really looked cute.

Annabelle was next.


Bandit had a grooming too, but I didn't get a picture.  All 3 dogs are groomed and ready for the holidays.  We love Sarah and so do the doggies.

No comments: