Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Cooking

I love to cook and bake in the fall but I haven't done much since we have been out of town so much. But I have done a little:

I made a new bread that I have been wanting to try. It is from a book I got at the library - "No Need to Knead." Very easy to make and delicious: FOCACCIA - pronounced foe-ca-cha, it is a flat oven baked bread. The word is derived from the Latin focus meaning "centre" and also "fireplace" - the fireplace was in the centre of the domestic house, and this bread was baked in the hearth.

Just mix up all the ingredients and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.

While the dough was rising, I went to the garden and got my favorite herb to put on top of the bread. Rosemary:

The dough after rising.


Then you just flop the dough on a baking sheet and shape. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary and a little salt.


Baking!

YUM! It was really good with the Pea Soup I made in the crock pot -- a perfect autumn meal.

No comments: