Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reading,Collecting,Knitting and Cooking

I recently finished reading this book and I am hooked. What a clever idea - this author has written many mysteries and they all have cute titles relating to food. Very light, enjoyable reading. The books are set in a small town in Minnesota and the main character, Hannah Swensen owns a bakery called The Cookie Jar. Hannah gets involved in solving crimes in her town because somehow goodies from her bakery are related to the crimes. When I first started reading, I thought it was a little boring, but things picked up - very witty at times and a surprise ending. Plus there are lots of recipes in the books for the items she sells in the bakery. The author also has a good website.

I will take this one on vacation next week, plus I will download a book to my Ipod so I will have a lot of reading on the long flight to Las Vegas:

Some of the other titles I look forward to reading, Carrot Cake Murder, Key Lime Pie Murder, Fudge Cupcake Murder - delicious!!!

No comments: