Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reading, Collecting, Cooking and Knitting

For some reason I couldn't get my pictures to complete my previous post, so here goes:

Finishing touches to the Lucy Bag - Kitchener's stitch to join the seams - this makes an invisible seam.
Very long - next step is the felting process. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Fajitas made in the crockpot.

Bread in the bread machine to go with this:

Homemade clam chowder

The beginning of one of the best desserts I have made in a long time. Egg whites beaten until stiff, but not dry - delicious meringue...

Meringue piled high and baked for 1 - 2 hours at a low temperature.

Served with fruit topping - Yum. Pavlova (named after the Russian ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova. Made for her by a chef at the hotel she was staying.

A very light, delicious dessert.

My latest kitchen gadget. Boils and poaches eggs.


Poached eggs - for Dave, breakfast is his favorite meal.

My roosters:
Doormat

Weather vane I found at Target. Couldn't resist this guy.


Recipe Box

Denim skirt I made recently.

Pincushions. I love hunting for sewing and knitting items, especially vintage.

Dave on another project.

Great lamp - thanks Dave.



















No comments: