Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quilting Class

I took a quilting class a few weeks ago. It was for a Rag Quilt. The "Busy Bee" in Chester has been in busines for 30 plus years. I dropped in one day to see if they carried embroidery supplies, which they did and when I saw this quilt on display I signed up. Cutting the squares of fabric and batting was done before class. We made about 3 rows and are on our own to complete. I started on this one for Meg and will make Alex one next - for their 4th birthday in March.




This was a neat trick - just keep sewing the squares together and snip apart; saves time, not a lot of stop and go.


Top stitching. The other print I chose is a tiny rose bud to go along with these solids.















Lining up the squares to form the pattern desired. I embroidered some of the squares before hand. The pattern is "Once Upon a Time" - little princess designs. That is a cute little dragon on the yellow square. I will share the rest of the embroidery later.






Two quilt samples at the shop. Once you complete your quilt you throw it in the washing machine, then dryer and you have a cute ruffle edged rag quilt.
















The shop is full of gorgeous material and lots of other goodies. The owners are very helpful. I plan on taking more classes in the future.


No comments: