Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Second Snow Weekend

These are more pictures of the cookies I made for my coworkers last week - they were a hit.When I got home from work on Thursday, Dave had these roses for me.  Aren't they lovely?  My favorite is pink, but pink tinge is good too.  Dave said I had been working so hard that he wanted to have a surprise waiting for me and I love it!Can you believe it?  It snowed again this weekend.  These cute cupcake lollipops are in a package for the twins for Valentines Day. If you like onion rings this is the recipe for you.  This comes from "Every Day Food" and they are great.  Healthier too, baked in the oven -  oh, so good.Rolled in crushed corn flakes and bread crumbs after dipping in a buttermilk mixture.These burgers, also from
Everyday Food, Best Meal Ever.  We usually get burgers from "Five Guys"  but these are far better.Coffee after the meal.I had to share this picture of Bandit.  He sleeps on his back a lot, he can get in some wierd positions. 
 I did some knitting this weekend.  I have a friend at work who is having 4 grand babies in the next year.  Her daughter is expecting a girl in March.  She is decorating in brown and pink.  I am making her a car seat blanket and some hats.



Super Bowl night I mad cookies for week three - cookies for my caring co-workers - Third one was a charm.  "Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies" - they were a little difficult to make and I didn't think they would be so good - I made a booboo when mixing the filling.  But that didn't matter.  They were a hit, half of them disappeared on Monday and several people wanted the recipe.

The Kindle - WOW.  Amy told me about this first.  A co worker bought his wife one for Christmas and he brought it in to show me.  I want one so bad! You can purchase it from Amazon.  You can read or it will read to you, male or female voice.  Over 40,000 books at $9.99 for each book.  And much, much more.  It is definitely going on my wish list.
We are leaving for Las Vegas on Friday for 5 days.  I will keep you posted.  Have a great week.

No comments: