Saturday, February 06, 2010

Another Snow Weekend

It snowed here again last weekend and it was very cold.  We stayed inside and enjoyed every minute of it.

Lots of birds.
These coffee drinks hit the spot.
Shrimp for dinner on Friday night.  Dave had his with pasta.
I had Grits and Shrimp, soo good.  Dave hates grits.
 Some homemade bread.
I found this at TJ Max. 
I split the vanilla beans.
Vanilla seeds.
Added vodka with the vanilla beans and seeds - put in a cool dark place.  Hope it turns out ok.
How do you like our new rug?  We bought it at Ollie's.  We had a slight accident in the room last week and wax from a candle left a terrible stain.  Instead of getting new carpet this will work for a while.
Dave finally got his new recliner.
I have a thing for white pitchers.
We watched one of my favorite movies - "Frankie and Johnny".  We also watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
A good weekend for soup- Clam Chowder at Dave's request.
I decided to make Lemon Meringue Pie from this book.
Love Meringue.
This is the picture from the book.
Mine wasn't very pretty - a little runny, but tasty anyway.
I love my baking center.  One of our best purchases, at least I think so.Lots of hot drinks - cappucino my favorite.
Espresso.  We bought this set of cups and saucers in Las Vegas a few years ago.  I must check this store out again - we leave for Las Vegas February 12 - can't wait.
Cookie of the week for my co workers... lemon with a white glaze.  They were a hit.

No comments: