Thursday, April 01, 2010

Lots of Reading

I love to read, my Amy really loves to read; and can read faster than anyone I know - as a teenager she would stay up most of the night reading. And, if you love to read there is a new gadget out there that you must have:
A READER - I bought the Kindle from Amazon.  Amy bought the "Nook" from Barnes and Noble.  Verizon also has put out a reader and there are many more out there.  Amy bought the Nook mainly because you can down load books from your local library; a feature that I hope Amazon will add to the Kindle in the future.  I mainly chose the Kindle because you can read it or it will read to you (male or female voice), which is nice since I can knit while listening and Dave and I can listen to a book when we are traveling.

The first book I purchased via my Kindle was "The Help".  The best book I have read in a long time.  I have so many books that Amy has passed on to  me, that I want to read before I purchase any more books for my Kindle.  "The Kitchen Boy" was fascinating - could not put it down.  I have read books previously about the Tsar of Russia and have always been intrigued with this story  - this novel had a shocking ending - for me any way.  Just another perspective of what happened to this family.  It just makes me want to read more about this era of Russian history and Rasputin and his influence on this family.  Very, very sad but very interesting.  I just started "Eat, Pray, Love".  So far I am enjoying it. 

No comments: