Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Busy Spring

Happy Mother's Day - I am a little late with my post.  It is always tough not being with your kids or your Mom for the big day.  But, Dave made it special for me.  We headed to our favorite garden shop in Farmville Va and had lunch on the way.  The "Farmer's Daughter" is the best for great plants and lots of cute stuff in their gift shop.
Their roses were gorgeous, but we haven't had much luck with roses so we resisted the urge.
Lipstick Plant - I should have gotten one of these!!
We are enjoying our homegrown berries!
I am making a lot of progress on the "shower" gifts - knitted washcloths!
Difficult to see the designs on the cloths, but once they are blocked, it will be more visual and I will share.
I am still working on this sweater for Meg.
 My flower boxes on the deck are looking good - I went for yellow and purple this year.
We love sitting on our front porch in the warmer months and we spend a lot of time here - every year a sweet family of birds builds a nest in one of our ferns ..
How precious?
4 little eggs, there were 6 eggs total the last time we checked.My veggie garden has me worried, it just isn't doing as well as previous years.  This is rhubarb.Tomatoes.Squash.Seeds I planted - Okra and Brussel Sprouts.Cucumbers.My herb garden is doing well.Peppers.Dave's pond is looking great.My rosemary always does well.

No comments: