Saturday, October 28, 2006

Foot ball trips


It college football season and my husband is at his happiest. We have been going to the Virginia Tech football games since I met Dave. Dave is a graduate and is a true Hokie. We have had so much fun over the years. Friday the 20th we left for Roanoke (we stay at the Colony House). The game wasn't until 7 PM on Saturday so we had the whole day to shop at some of our favorite places and enjoy the beautiful fall day. The leaves were vibrant and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Best of all, the Hokie's won the game over Southern Mississipi. I take advantage of the time spent in the car and knit. I have several projects going and I am on a time line. In the works is a baby afghan for Dave's grandaughter due on November 7th! and I have made one pumpkin hat for the twins and working on the other. They don't care for hats that much but hopefully they will keep them on long enough for a picture. I'll post more pictures later.


On 460 headed towards Blacksburg

Dixie Caverns - a favorite to visit every football season.

A view from the car.


There is a contest in Blacksburg. Hokie birds painted in all sorts of designs - very cool. We only had time to take a couple pictures.

No comments: