Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

Things around our house have been looking a lot like Christmas since right after Thanksgiving. We had never decorated this early before; but Dave got busy and started putting the lights outside and I got busy inside (with the help of Dave of course).
These are some of my favorite spots in our home:

I love this sign, sorry for the bad shot; "Meet me under the Mistletoe".
This was Dave's position during the college football season. On Thursday nights this is where you could find him and on Saturday's from around 12 noon until 1:00 AM Sunday morning. If I haven't mentioned it, we are headed for the Orange Bowl - Virgina Tech Vs Kansas on January 3, 2008. We will leave New Year's Eve, drive south and stop to visit with some family on the way down and on the way back.
These are some of my favorite things during the Christmas season:

Amy's pictures with Santa Claus that were taken with the Miller and Rhoads Santa in downtown Richmond. I have every year except for one - somehow there was a mess up with the photography one year and a lot of the pictures were lost. I went to the store and looked through hundreds of pictures -I couldn't find Amy's but I did find the Tracie's. Some of the pictures are of Dave's grand kids. The black and white picture at the top is me and Jack sitting on the lap of the Santa at Miller and Rhoads back in the 1950' s.


Dave's stocking.

Amy's stocking that I crossed stitched when she was a little girl.

My stocking that I cross stitched. I plan on making stockings for the twins - and hopefully will have them ready for next Christmas.
Our stockings hung on the mantle.

Our tree - I like white lights and Dave likes color lights. We alternate every year.

This is a little tree in our kitchen that we made for the kids. It's their tree and they can take the ornaments on and off, in hopes that they won't mess with the big tree. I have pictures of all our grandchildren on this tree. I have decided to give a special ornament to the twins every year. For Meighan there was no doubt - angels for her. Alex, well he loves Spider Man, but I am not sure how long his passion for Spider Man will last. He does loves trains, so his collection will be trains!

My kitchen is decorated with my Ginger Bread collection. Although I couldn't find a lot of my favorite pieces.

I love this sign, although I am never quites sure where to put it. But I think it looks nice in my sewing room.
Santa hats I made for the twins. The picture in the background is one Dave gave for me last Christmas - I adore it.
I found this cute little Santa cup at Walmart. I couldn't resist.















1 comment:

Chipree said...

www.pic2res.com

* Photo hosting
* Photo editing and modifying

ALL FOR FREE

pic2res.com was launched recently