Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

We had a very nice Valentine's Day. My husband is sooo sweet. We had decided not to exchange gifts or do anything far out......, well coming home from work on Wednesday night, I thought I just wanted to do a little something for my hubby, so I made a few stops and before I left for work on Valentines Day I left a few goodies around the house for him ....a few surprises, just little things I thought he would like. I didn't take any pictures, but I think he liked his surprises.
And... I was surprised when Dave showed up at my office at lunch time on Thursday with this cute bear (he sings Elvis by the way) and these beautiful roses and iris in a teapot---I love it.
That evening we went out to dinner and had my favorite champagne when we got home - Tosti is the best!
Dave also got me this cute little cake, the kids came over and helped gobble it up! They love chocolate!



I had a few requests from my coworkers for some valentine sugar cookies:
I love making these and eating them - a real downfall when you are trying to lose weight.

These are sprinkled with colored sugar:

These have that great cookie glaze that I really love:



I have a lot of cookie cutters that I have collected over the years!!

Ready to go: On the left, a gift for my co-worker, middle - for all my co-workers and on the right a batch for Amy and her family, you can't see, but the big heart had "Meg" written on it. There was a personalized one for each member of Amy's family.

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!


No comments: