Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Our Kitchen

What is this?? The best candy recipe ever. Peanut Brittle - one of our favorites and this is so much better than any I have ever bought. A friend gave me the recipe last month and I have made it 4 times. It is made in the microwave and you have to move very fast because it gets hard very fast!!!
It hardens faster than you can imagine, but loosens up once soaked in hot water.

Once it hardens you just slam the cookie sheet down and you have peanut brittle in bite size pieces.

Another favorite: Taco Casserole - thank goodness Dave likes casseroles. You spread beans in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with cheese, make the tacos and bake. So good!


We love Chinese/Asian food and this is one of the best recipes I have made. These are new spices to me, but they really add the flavor. Oyster Sauce, Maggi Sauce and Rice Cooking Wine. It is kind of fun going to the store and hunting for these products. Kroger has a very large selection of ethnic products.

Asian Noodles - WOW! These were a hit. This is the first time I have cooked "fresh" Asian Noodles - they are found in the refrigerator section or in the frozen section. I am not sure what made this dish special - maybe all the ingredients.

Chicken with Plum Sauce. Cooked on the Jenn-Air.

The noodles are boiled for 3 minutes, then placed in the fry pan with all the other ingredients.

This was my favorite meal in a long time. And there was enough for leftovers. It was even better the next day.

I decided I needed a new look in the kitchen. So I tore down the red wallpaper. I was going to paint, but found this paper and it just grabbed me. Dave wasn't sure at first. But it really looks good with our red counter tops and accessories.

I even like it better than I thought - I hung it up with tape for the last 2 weeks to see if it would have appeal - it worked for me.











No comments: