Friday, May 01, 2009

Love To Read

This is the first book by Wally Lamb that I read years ago and it has always been a favorite. It is about two brothers, one who struggles with a mental illness and the affect it has on his family's life. I need to read it again - not too many books that I like to read more than once.

This is a lamp I found recently at a yard sale and it is perfect by the sofa to read by. I love to read but never seem to have enough time to read as much as I would like to. I just finished another Wally Lamb book. Amy had read it and gave it to me to read. It is a great book - couldn't put it down type of book. Amy is a reading Ninja - I remember when she was a teen she would stay up all night to read. So, thanks to Amy I have quite a library of books waiting to be read. We are going to the beach in a few weeks and I plan on catching up on my reading while laying on the beach. I have a lot of favorite places to read around our home. Here are a few:
I love our front porch. I have made a few changes this year to accomodate a few extra "porch items." See that swing - I love to read on that swing in the afternoon.
The other end of our front porch - I moved the wicker loveseat to the porch to make room for a reading area in our bedroom. I love sitting here and reading too.
This is the recent novel by Wally Lamb. He doesn't put out a lot of books, but when he does it is always a winner. This book was fantastic. It expands over a period of time in a couples' life that grips you from the beginning - it involves the Columbine tragedy, a nurse that is witness to this tragedy and how it affects her and her family's life.
This is the chair I bought recently at a yard sale for$15! It goes perfect in our bedroom and makes for a nice, cozy area to read.

No comments: