Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cooking - YUM!

Another soup, split pea with ham.  It turned out very good.  It is from the "Soup Book" that I am trying to make a new recipe from every week - it may not happen during the holidays.Isn't my potato masher cute?  I don't use it often.  I don't make mashed potatoes from scratch very often.  But this recipe: "Steak with Blue Cheese Butter and Sour Cream Potatoes" could mean trouble - they were the best!  I forgot to take a picture of the finished meal.  I am sure I will make this again.Fresh herbs make such a difference - cilantro in this dish made it so good, and with my new Chef's knife chopping was a breeze. 
 This is black beans and chicken on a crisp corn totortilla.  Loved it! Quick and easy to prepare.
I tried a new Chinese dish last week - "Yum Yum Chicken", served with Jasmine Rice. It was a hit with Dave and my co workers the next day. 
It wasn't the most healthy meal since it was lightly battered and fried.  I very seldom fry food but this was worth it.  Much better than anything bought at a restaurant.
The best rice!


This cake was the sweetest, richest cake ever.  I made it for my co worker who loves chocolate and peanut butter.  This is chocolate cake with chocolate icing - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped on the top and Peanut Butter Malted Milk Balls.  Even the people that don't usually like this combination raved about the cake.

No comments: