Sunday, May 01, 2011

I recently bought these books at Goodwill - $1 each.  I have added them to my to be read list.
I took a CPR class at 3:30 on Friday.  I had not renewed my CPR for several years and the format has changed so I thought it would be a good idea to renew since I am around a lot of  babies and children.  It was fun - it was held at Family Care Home Health and there were 6 people taking the class.  Our instructor was awesome.  So, after that I headed home and made dinner.  Tried a new wine - it was just ok, probably wouldn't buy again.  Cool label though.
This was a very tasty dish and quick to put together.  I grilled the shrimp on my Jenn Aire....after marinating in a lime sauce.
Made some yummy rice in my rice maker - added black beans...
Added fresh cilantro, garlic and chopped leeks.
Fresh asparagus on the side.
Dave liked the rice and he is not a rice fan.
On Saturday we headed to Newport News to visit Matlin..
Matlin has completed her sophmore year at Christopher Newport College.  It was about time that we went for a visit.
The campus is lovely.
Inside the library.
Matlin gave us a tour.  It is a very pretty campus.

Then we headed here for lunch - very yummy.
I had talapia with mango salsa.
Matlin had shrimp tacos.
and Dave had pasta with shrimp, chicken and sausage.  Everything was delicious.
After lunch we went to TJ Max for a little shopping and then we headed to get dessert....yogurt shop...so good.
Matlin likes the green tea yogurt with strawberries and coconut.
I had chocolate with almonds and coconut.
Dave had chocolate with chocolate chips.  We enjoyed sitting outside - the weather was perfect.
Then we dropped Matlin off at her apartment that she shares with 3 other girls..Pics from her room - love this one.
She loves France!
Her Sorority.
Matlin took her last exam this morning.  She will be heading back home soon for the summer.  We had a great visit with her and we are so proud of her.
On the way home we went by the Williamsburg Pottery -- looking for a bird feeder.  This is what we saw.  I grew up going here to find great deals on just about everything.  It is no longer there, the front stores anyway.  I do remember seeing something in the newspaper a while back about this land being sold. 
On the other side of the railroad tracks there are a few buildings left, but not much in them.  This is the plan for the new development.
There were only a few shoppers... very barren.
as you can see. 
I did find a few bargains... these wicker beehives were only $1.99. 
and we loved this picture.  We didn't find a bird feeder.
I was a little depressed when we left.  This legendery pottery shop will never be the same.  Most people are at the "outlet stores" down the road.  Oh well, everything changes.
It was a great day.  Thanks Matlin for spending the day with us and showing us around. 

No comments: