Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. Slept late and had a great breakfast, Dave's favorite egg and sausage casserole and honey dew melon. We watched the parade and the dog show. I prepared most of our dinner on Wednesday night so I wasn't as rushed on Thursday. Amy, Paul, Meighan, Alex and Samantha ( another reason to be thankful since we didn't think Sami would be here this year) came for dinner. We had turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, pasta salad, deviled eggs and sweet potato casserole. For dessert there was pumpkin pie and boston cream pie, both were purchased from Matlin for a school fund raising. So I didn't have to make dessert! The twins are good eaters at times - Meighan must have eaten 10 ripe olives - they really surprise me with the variety of foods they like. It was a sad day in away since my Mother and Charlie weren't here. We always spent Thanksgiving with them. Lots of firsts this year for me without my Mother. But Dave and I are grateful for each other, our kids and grandkids.

First, a little knitting news. I finally finished the little pumpkin hats for Meg and Alex. They turned out rather cute.


Don't they look cute?

The stem on Meg's hat is lime green, one of my favorite colors for her, along with pink, purple...any color!

Alex - our cute little guy

No comments: