Sunday, January 21, 2007

January 2007

It has been a busy week. Work is booming and I thought I had gotten over my "cold" but I have had problems with my sinuses this weekend. Haven't felt like doing much of anything. I have a few pictures I wanted to share.

We had plantation shutters installed this week. I am very pleased. This is my sewing room looking out to the back where the pond is that Dave put in.

My sewing room looking out to the deck.

Door leading out to my herb garden.

Dave's room - he didn't want the full set on his window so we will look for a valance for the top. We also had a set placed in the kitchen window.

Dave and I went to see "Dreamgirls" Friday night - I loved it! Jennifer Hudson was brilliant, who we really liked when she was on American Idol Her voice has gotten stronger and her acting was deserving of the Global Award. I went right out and bought the CD. All the actors were excellent. We don't go to many movies but this was well worth it. Don't worry, Pam, Amy - I will go to see this again if we ever get around to having "girls day out."

Cooper and Bandit continue to get along very well. They love to play "tug of war".

Remember when we were on our Atlanta trip? I was making this - a baby's feet wash cloth. It is hard to see the details, but I will keep trying with my new camera. Amy's friend is expecting twins - a boy and a girl!! Unbelievable! They are due in May and I am loving making more baby things. And to top that, my cousin Barbara called me Friday night and her daughter Kim, who has a fifteen month old son - Jack, is expecting twins! They just found out so I don't have a lot of details, but I am so excited for them.

I haven't quite finished with the baby boy cloth, maybe you can see the foot and toes better on this one.

These are really fun to make. I have also picked out booties and hats to make for the twins.

I joined a dishcloth knit along a while back. There is a pattern on the first and the fifteenth of each month. These are two from the last month. They haven't been blocked yet. I will share the others later.

Snowflake Pattern.

This is a very pretty cloth, although you can't tell by this picture.

I was really looking forward to dinner tonight. I prepared everything from my favorite slow cooker cook book for "Parmesan Chicken" to be served over pasta and a side salad. I had set the cooking mode to "Low" but I never plugged in the cord! Oh well, it would be ready at 10:00 PM and that is with the setting on "High", so that will be tomorrow night's dinner. It's a good thing I have a husband who will settle for anything - soup, frozen dinners, Zatarain's - New Orleans Style Jambalaya with Sausage. I still wanted to eat this for dinner but didn't want to eat such a heavy dinner so late, so we have Monday night dinner.


A great cook book. Just be sure you follow directions.

No comments: