Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

If I haven't mentioned this before, I love the people I work with. It is a small office - 8 ladies are in the office and a lot of us are around the same age. We have nurses and therapists in and out all day long. Our corporate office is in Richmond and it is much larger - I worked in the Richmond office quite a bit when I first started, but I am at the Colonial Heights office most of the time now. I work in the Quality Assurance office and job share with another nurse, Joyce Twitty. The only day we are in the office at the same time is usually on Wednesdays. Anyway, we love to celebrate - birthdays and holidays! I am not there for a lot of the get togethers, but I was there for Cinco de Mayo and we had quite a spread. Oh, and we love to eat!

Quite a spread!

Great Salad.

Mexican Cornbread. That is dip in the background - very good. Plus some pies from Ukrop's.

Black Bean Soup.

Mexican Cookies.

A lot of great dishes.

Lynn, (carrying the dish) is a nurse and also our branch manager. She is the best. Val is to her left - she manages the Personal Care Division, and Theresa in the blue shirt - she and I have worked together a lot over the years and she keeps us all straight.


Nancy, one of my favorite people in the world. She came to work for me years ago and we have been through a lot together. Some how we always wind up back together again - lucky for me!!! See those Strawberry Margaritas - yummy, virgin of course. See that lady bending over in the peachy-orange top, can't believe I didn't get a better picture of her, that is Joyce Sinnett, the most talented knitter I have ever known. Her specialty is baby/children sweaters. She is the lady that rescued me from the Giraffe Intarsia Sweater I was making for Alex. Mine turned out HUGE - I hate INTARSIA - love the finished product but it isn't relaxing for me. Joyce completed the one for Alex and is going to make for Meighan soon.


Cindy and Kat - our Intake Coordinators.


Kat, one of the funniest people ever, except for my cousin Pam.

The food was wonderful and we were stuffed.


No comments: