Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes

My friend and coworker, Nancy turned 40 last week so we celebrated a little at work. Nancy doesn't like birthday cake but loves cupcakes - Chocolate!

So I whipped up these from Ina Garten, "Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes". They were wonderful. I will use this recipe from now on when we want chocolate.

This is the ganache melting in a double boiler.

The ganache melted and so yummy looking.

Isn't the frosting gorgeous and so shiny!

My taste tester.

Made a cute center piece.


If you didn't guess, Nancy love flamingo's.





I gave Nancy this Lucy Bag which I knitted a long time ago but never felted it. I was a little nervous since my last felted item was a big disappointment. This wool did well and I have another "Lucy" in the works.

I was going to put a little button on the purse. But we put a rhinestone flamingo pin on it which looks cute and can be removed for washing or adding another adornment.

No comments: