Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am attempting to eat healthier and hopefully will lose a few pounds.  I am going with Weight Watchers.
I recently discovered "Cook Yourself Thin" that has a daily show on Lifetime and they have several cook books.
This recipe is from WW Take-out tonight! (one of my favorite WW books -Chicken Saltimbocca.  Very yummy. 
Flattened chicken breasts, add cheese and prosciutto, roll them up...
and you have these...

Lightly brown...

Very yummy, Dave liked them too, I think the secret ingredient (Prosciutto) is very salty, which Dave loves. 
This chicken dish was served over whole grain pasta.
..also from WW take out tonight  - Chimichurri Steak with Jicama Salsa.. another winner.

I have never cooked with this - but it adds a crunchie, sweet taste to a salad - pronounced hi-ka-ma.  I had my doubts but it was a hit.  Loved it.
Tomatillos (mexican green tomatoes) and avocada were also in the salad with the Jicama.
Fresh ingrediets really add a great flavor.
Today I really wanted something decadent.  This is a great Pavlova from Cooking Yourself Thin.
Beaten eggs whites with sugar -
Pile on a cookie sheet, bake @ 300 for 1.5 hours, turn off oven and let rest in oven for one more hour.
Out of the oven - beautiful, even if it has a crack.
Whip some fresh cream.
Chocolate shavings.
The recipe called for raspberries, but my store didn't have any so I went for these gorgeous strawberries.
So yummy and low in calories and fat.
A few other pictures.  I found this in St. Louis - must make soon, but not on my diet.
I love this, Alex wrote his name for me.  I love to use things like this for bookmarks.

I have discovered Home Goods-Amy and I went to the one in St. Louis = I found a few goodies. 
Flavored oils for bread dipping.

 #1 - Garden globe.
#2 - love this game board.
#3 - Frog for Dave's birthday.
#4 - Cute Cake Stand -great news - there is a Home Goods in the west end of Richmond.
Doggies watch every thing we do.
Late entry - cute cooking Santa to add to my collection.
Vintage angel.
Recent new purchase - love this.  So many flavors available including tea, hot chocolate and more coffee choices than you can imagine.
My favorite - Cappuccino - with frothy milk on top!!

No comments: