Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knitting

Remember this swatch I was doing on the way to St. Louis.  Well, it took me several needle sizes but I finally got the gauge I needed.  I hate doing this but have made mistakes in the past and items did not end up the correct size -- a definite evil necessity.
Funny, the yarn I chose to make this sweater was "Cadet Blue" - a beautiful shade of blue - perfect for Alex.  While Alex was coloring I saw his choice of crayon ---
CADET BLUE!  What a surprise.
This is the sweater and it is driving me crazy.  But I will not give in.
Our little guy loves to take his shirt off and loves to color.  He is so handsome.
He took this picture.


This is the cable pattern and the back of the sweater--I had to tear this out about 10 times to get it straight, hopefully I am on a roll now.  This pattern is probably a little advanced for me but what the heck.  I am sticking to it.  Hopefully it will be done by next winter.

A lady at my church gave me this scarf pattern.  You cast on 684 stitches - yikes!  A fun, easy pattern - a good break from Alex sweater that you have to count and pay close attention so you don't screw up.A few pics from our trip to St. Louis - Annabelle was very good on the trip, but he discovered toilet paper and loved tearing it up - something she has never done at home.
Of course we went to McDonald's.

No comments: