Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Orleans

On New Years Eve Dave and I headed south again for the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.
We stayed at Quality Inn that was a good little ways from Bourbon Street - no problem - we could get the trolley right outside of our hotel.  We never had to wait more than 5 minutes and the charge was very reasonable.
The first night we headed for Bourban Street to celebrate.
We had dinner at the best restaurant and luckily we sat outside on the balcony.
Dave's appetizer, those shrimp were huge and delish.
Gumbo - Dave's favorite - he had it every day while we were there.
My dinner - OMG - it was the best.  It was a seafood mixture and grits stacked high.  I love grits and these were the best.
Then we just walked around.
Selling shots on the street  - shameful...
I had one anyway...
Found this great place with a band - we enjoyed dancing and well, drinking.
We took a Pedicab home, it was fun riding while the driver of the cycle pointed out places of interest.  It cost $10 which I thought was very reasonable.
Nice young man, working his way through college.
Our room was very small but very cute and cozy.
Had a great TV.
Sorrow to say this was my last picture in New Orleans.  I messed up some how and lost the pictures of the game at the super dome.  I was really mad.  But we had a blast.  Hokies played Michigan and they played a great game.  They lost by 3 points but they should have won.  23/20.
I found a few more pictures of Dave's birthday celebration.
I bought Dave a Mini Keurig so he could take it when we travel.. The man loves his coffee.

No comments: