Thursday, February 02, 2012

Every Wednesday morning I have chime practice at our church.  I really enjoy this - I am not musical at all and learning this with a wonderful group of women is so rewarding.  We have a very patient and lovely choir director - Sue who is just wonderful and funny.
We practice and play in the balcony.
View of our sanctuary from the balcony.
Organ in the loft.
I had a real treat when I when to practice yesterday.  Sue recently lost her parents, and is going through all their things.  Her mother was a very talented knitter and Sue brought some things she found and asked me if I wanted them.  WOW!  I was very excited and honored to accept them.  And she says there are a lot of knitting items and she would bring them also if I was interested.
This cute baby pattern book has a lot of cute sweater patterns.
This is amazing.  This beautiful sweater hand knit, complete except for attaching the yoke which is a intricate intarsia pattern.  Just gorgeous.  It looks to be about a size 10/12 adult.  I thought she was going to ask me if I could complete it for her which I would have gladly done - but she said I could have it.
Love the aqua color, a lot of work was put into this.
I need to sit down and look at the pattern and figure out how to complete it.  This really means a lot to me.  I just love it and I love that Sue thought of me about giving these items a home.  Thank you Sue so much.
I continue to work on the crochet squares.  I blocked this bunch and want to sew them together.  Doing this as I go along will be easier than waiting to complete all of them when I have enough - not sure how many I am going to make, I'll decide as I go along.
This is the pattern "water lily".
I am knitting this poncho for Meighan.  I made one for her 2 years ago.  I am not putting the hood on this one.
I love this yarn from Hobby Lobby.  The poncho color is "surprize stripe".  And now that I have a Hobby Lobby 12 miles from our house I can just run over there whenever I want!!!
I made Dave one of his favorite meals last night.  I made a huge meatloaf since we love leftovers for sandwiches.
But it's this sauce that makes the meatloaf yummy.
I opened this bottle of wine Kari gave us.  It is pretty good cabernet.
Love for Valentine's Day...be back soon.

No comments: