Sunday, January 18, 2009

Company from the South and HOOSIER!

It has really been a good year so far. Some of my favorite people came over for a visit.
A few of my favorite relatives: from the left - Dianne (cousin), Jeannette (aunt), Loretta (cousin) and Dorothy (aunt). I always have fun with my family, I just need to see them more often. We started the evening off with Pomegranate Martini's!
Dianne was my maid of honor in my first wedding and I love her. I love all these gals.

So much fun and lots of talk about.

Loretta, she always makes me laugh, so much fun!!

Look what Dianne brought me - all this thread and backing. We have the love of sewing and embroidering in common. Thank you so much.
Dianne commented that I had not put up any pictures from our visit with her on our way to the Va Tech Bowl Game last year...... I thought I had......so here some are of her lovely home and us:

I love the way Dianne decorates, I have gotten a lot of ideas from her and Loretta. I have never seen a prettier laundry room.

I really liked this idea - she can decorate anything and it looks great.



I probably didn't post these pics due to fear and/or embarrassment. Dianne hasn't gained a ounce over the years. She still wears a size 2!

OK, while I was having fun with family, even though I couldn't hang out with them on Saturday, my hubby went to Nitro, West Virginia to pick up my cabinet that we bought on the way back from St. Louis, bless him.

It didn't take Dave long to start checking and fixing the cabinet up. It does need a few repairs. This is the sifter off of the flour bin - after a good cleaning it will be workable.

One section is a roll top and it works well.

Everyone keeps asking me where in the world was I going to put it - I had a plan, but to be honest I was afraid it would not look right where I wanted it. But I think it will be just fine. Dave is going to work on it in his room but I wanted to get a feel for how it would fit first.

See that bottom drawer, it is a bread box. After a little cleaning, sanding, and painting ( it is a little yellowed) - I think it will look great against my kitchen cabinets. It will be my baking center. All of my baking tools will be kept here and it has a great metal work top for making lots of goodies. I am excited.


In Dave's room to start the re - finishing. It can be disassembled in 3 parts so moving it isn't so bad. The base has rollers.
















No comments: