Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trip West Continued

Some of Shirley's work - beautiful! Her shop was great. I wish I had more time to spend there. Dave was being very patient in the car. It was probably good that we delayed getting on the highway due to the weather.



Look at all this great merchandise. I really had to hold myself back. I went in looking for a certain size knitting needle. I got a lot of good information from Shirley, especially about felting - I now know some of the mistakes I have been making.






Shirley was a real joy! She gives lectures all over the country. Her free hand crochet was beautiful (I think that is what she called it) - sorry if I am wrong about that.




I enjoyed my visit with Shirley, sure wish I lived closer to her! How lucky was I that she was right down the road from the hotel we stayed at. I casted on for this bag during the trip - it is a felted project. After felting I plan on monogramming it.

This is a picture of the snowmen hat's I am making
from this book. I have made many of the hats from the book - love it!


I also made this cute little bag. It will be felted and a little button added. I also have pink yarn to make another one. They are very cute.

You can't tell from these pictures, but the interstate was a mess. We were driving 40 to 45 MPH. A lot of cars just flew by us - crazy. There were many cars that had ended up off the road. Many EMS and Police Vehicles were on the highway.

Into Missouri - still cloudy but no snow or ice! We are almost there!!!!!!










No comments: