Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Night in West Virginia


We stayed at the Ramada in South Charleston Sunday night. It was so cold; very windy which made it really bad. I am glad I brought my heavy coat with a hood. The dogs weren't too thrilled either.


On Monday morning we stopped in Nitro, West Virginia and found 2 great antique malls. I sure am glad we stopped, I found a real treasure. The first shop was "Antiques on the Avenue". The owner, Clyde was 80 years old and just the nicest man. I spotted a white Hoosier Cabinet and it was a very good deal. I have always wanted one of these but they have been too expensive. Clyde said he would take off $40 if we paid cash. What a great deal - but how were we going to get it home.?? I told him we would look into possibly renting a trailer and picking it up on the way home. But after checking on this in St. Louis it just wasn't practical. Oh well.
Bandit did pretty well in the hotels, considering that he gets nervous in any new environments.





This was another mall across the street, "Somewhere In Time." It was really full of goodies. I got a few things (mostly ideas) which I will share later. The car was pretty packed with the gifts and luggage so we decided we would pick up the things on the way home.










This is the mall's pooch. This is the gentleman that sits at the front of the store = he was still there when we left. That fire sure felt good!







Lots of walking with the dogs.

No comments: