Thursday, June 04, 2009

A few things I have been up to

Dave and I are always hitting the flea market and recently found this lamp and the blue oil lamp.
We love old vintage coffee pots - this one works great!

Another great chair for $20 - Burgandy leather office chair for Dave.
This was a mirror I found at the Goodwill for $4. I used chalk paint and made it into a neat message board. I have been wanting to try out the chalk paint - it works great. I have plans to paint more items.

I have always loved cobalt blue items and started a collection a few years ago but had them stored away since I didn't have a good spot to display them. But since I have a reading area in our bedroom now with the blue chair we found at the flea market, I plan on hanging a shelf and putting my pieces out so I can enjoy them and start collecting again.
Powder holder.
Vase.
Salts.
Ashtrays.
Three little medicine bottles.
Pitcher.

My most recent purchase. I found this on Ebay. This is a glass doll figurine made by The Boyd art glass company. Her name is "Louise" (I had to have it as soon as I read this since it is my Mother's name). She is also known as the "colonial lady". She is #24 in a series - the Boyd company handcrafted fifty, uniquely colored Louise dolls between 1979 and 1984. Isn't she sweet?

I finally found material I think Alex will like for his quilt. Couldn't find action heroes but I think he will like the helicopters and the colors will go well in his room.

....still working on this purse - I am almost there.

No comments: