Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Loving Tuesdays

My first veggies from the garden -lettuce and a green pepper.
I am off on Tuesdays and Fridays and I love it, especially in the summer. The first thing I did today was weed the garden. We have had a lot of rain so the weeds were taking over. I was a little reluctant to go out until Dave went out - silly but I have been reading about snakes and how there are more this year than before. We saw a black snake the first year we moved here and my neighbor saw a snake last year. I think I am going to get some garden boots.





My veggies are doing great!







These are blackberries that are growing wild and we are going to get bunches this year.



These are strawberries - we had a lot of berries almost ready to eat - the squirrels (we think) ate everyone of them - none for us!








Dave picked up the pool on Monday and it was up when I got home. Today he had to work on making it level and he had to remove 2 tree roots. Hopefully that is all he will have to do. Dave went to get a permit and the county has to come inspect it. So we aren't going to put any more water in it until they come.
















Not very pretty now but it will look better when we get the deck around it.
I can't wait to get on my float and read and relax!





















Dave studying the manual.






















Dave is getting the wrinkles out.


























I did get a little sewing done. 3 dresses in the works for Meg.
























I love this bumble bee material - perfect for summer.



I found this cute dress at Kohl's.














No comments: