Thursday, June 04, 2009

Happenings in our Yard

Every year we find a bird nest in some part of the yard - this year it happens to be in one of the fern plants on the front porch.
I hope they survive but I kind of doubt it.
This is the most exciting thing for me that is happening in our yard:
We are getting a pool. Dave wasn't too keen about the idea, but he is coming around. Measuring ---where to put the pool? At first I wanted it off the deck but it would take up a lot of our yard space and we would have had to transplant a lot of our flowers. So we decided to move it back a bit.
Yes in this area... which means my clothes line that I wanted for so long has to go....bad for Dave who has to get one of those poles out that is put in the ground...with cement...he is not happy.
But he did it and he has outlined the area. Now he is leveling the ground. What a guy!

The area is ready. Dave went to get the pool at Walmart last weekend - None in stock! So he had to order it and it should arrive around June 10th.



I have hung the cute rose cups that I have been collecting on this tower..

I love them.







Cukes.
Tomatoes.
We have fruit!
Bell and banana peppers.
Carrots.
Lettuce.

Turnips.
Beets.
Yellow squash.
Bush Green Beans.
Okra.
Brussel Sprouts.


Corn.
Zucchini.
Sugar Snap Peas.
Zinnia's.
This is a fig we planted last year. We thought it was dead and bought another one. But last week new growth appeared.
The Lavender is blooming and smells wonderful.

No comments: