Monday, January 25, 2010

Chinese Cooking

I love making chinese at home.  You must use fresh ingredients. The spices/mixes are pricey but they last a long time and make such a difference.  I made Sesame Chicken, but without the sesame seeds.  I thought I had some in my pantry but I didn't.  It was pretty good anyway.Emmy was over for a while on Saturday, she didn't like the idea of our shrimp = she only likes popcorn shrimp, so Grandpa fixed her peanut butter and jelly and I fixed her a salad.

Some crazy good ingredients:  Chinese Five Spice, Thai Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce and of course Soy Sauce.  I found this Fettuccine at TJ Max - oh yes, I go straight to the house wear aisle when I go to the Max - you never know what you may find. This Chinese Beef Soup was very tasty.  What is on next weekend's menu?  Something I have never made before = Maybe?

No comments: