Sunday, September 18, 2011

Going Back in Time

This is a very late post - on my Birthday - July 23 Dave and I went back to the  Lakeside area where I spent a part of my childhood = a lot of great memories.....The area has changed a lot = there are a lot of thrift shops and a few nice eateries.
Had to get a shot of this = Mom and Charley danced here many nights.  Dave and I met them here a few times.
Lakeside Avenue in 2011.
We had lunch at this cute cafe.
The food was yummy.
After lunch we went next door to this cute shop.  The owner was full of info about the area.
She had a lot of photos of the area in the 50's and 60's.
Sailor Bob!  Remember him?
Lakeside Avenue in the 50's.  Our grandfather was a barber and worked at the shop in this strip of stores.
Pony rides on Azalea Avenue.
Bill's Barbecue not in Lakeside = on Broad Street, a hang out for teens back then.
Roys Big Burger - the best burgers ever.  Closed recently.
Broad Street downtown.  Miller and Rhoads, Thalhimers and the old movie theaters.
This is the house I grew up in on Bloomingdale Avenue.  Sorry it is so blurred = not sure why, maybe because I was shocked by the appearance.  I remember it being a "big" house. We lived with my grandparents and had family visit very often.  Joyful times!!!
Me in front of the Breedlove's house next door.  Remember Jimmy Breedlove?
Grandma Minnie, Jack and Me.
Mom, Jack and Me.
Me, Jack, Loretta, Dianne, and Dickie. Notice how most of the pics are in front of the Breedlove's house?
Me and Jack decorating the Christmas tree in this house.
 Me.
Our Family = not sure where my dad and me are?   From the top going right = Jimmy, Jeanette, Bernie, Dillard, Dorothy holding Bridget, Louise (doesn't she look gorgeous), Grandpa, Grandma, Margaret, Loretta, Dickie, Dianne holding Pamela, Debbie and Jackie.
Our Grandparents.
My Christmas presents.
Margaret with Loretta, Dianne, Dickie.
Our dog, a beautiful collie.  I think her name was Lady. 
I love this picture.  Crazy about these puppies.  I am not quite sure, but I believe someone poisoned our dog, I can't remember a lot but for some reason this sticks with me.
Grandma Minnie and me.
Jack and Peggy.

No comments: