Monday, September 05, 2011

Lots of Reading and Movie Watching

I have been getting movies from the library and listening to books on my Ipod from the library...which has been great for the last 8 days with no power -- thanks for battery operated devices - my nook, DVD Player, and Ipod.  No TV but so what, nothing much on during the summer anyway.  "Bee Season" is such a cute movie or so you would think, but it gets very emotional - loved it!  a bit of a tear jerker. 
 

I listened to "American Wife" on my Ipod when I was working, it was very long, not sure I would have stuck with it if I was reading it, but it was ok.
Being Julia with Annette Bening was a favorite.  
This book was so good - another recommendation from Amy. We love anything by this author.
"The Penderwicks" I listened on my Ipod - great story, can't wait to read more  - story about 4 little girls, being raised by their father.  Such a loving story about sisters and their adventures.
"Love and Other Drugs" if you haven't seen it, get it.  At first it is a little silly, who cares story, but it gets deep, not too deep, but has a meaningful and touching ending.  Love it!

"The Help"  I read this book a while ago - loved it.  Went to see the movie with Kari and it was great - Dave went to and he really liked it. Surprise!!

"No Country For Old Men"  Sorry, but I can't believe this was up for a lot of awards.  The movie is crazy, brutal and gross.  I love the actors - Javier Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones but not in this movie.  The ending didn't make sense to me??

I haven't seen anything with Liam that I haven't like...

No comments: