Tuesday, November 01, 2011

This is the reason Dave and I didn't go to St. Louis for Halloween.  I recently accepted the chairman position of the Fellowship Committee at our church.  This means I am in charge of several church receptions/parties during the year.  I have a great co-chairman but I thought since this was our first one I needed to be there. And I am glad I did, a lot of people attended and it was a lot of fun.  I had a lot of support - especially Dave, our friends Jean and Joe and most of the ladies in my Chime Group.

We met on Saturday to set up.

Faye, awesome co-chairman, couldn't have done it without her!

This Sunday was a 5th Sunday and we have a potluck following services; plus this was also "Marty Party" - a annual party in celebration of Martin Luther - founder of the Lutheran Church.  Our deacons took charge and grilled Knockwurst, Hotdogs and Hamburgers.  There was a keg of beer on the patio.


It is hard to see what these ladies are up to  - they are trying to open a bottle of wine.  The corkscrew broke and several ladies jumped in to help.  The lady on the left is Ann, she is our deacon and she is from Germany.  She brought Sauerkraut - the best I have ever eaten - she says it is the "real" thing.


I am sorry that box is covering the wine.  These are the most fun people ever. Good in so many ways. I am so glad we found this church.


Jean, Faye, Millye met me at the church last week and we made these center pieces.

This is our Pastor and church secretary - Mette - we were also celebrating her 10th anniversary with our church. 



This is Sue - our Choir, Chimes and Bell Director.   She is lovely, I appreciate her so much.

We were a little tired after this and went home for a nap and waited for Halloween.

We were excited and waiting for our neighborhood trick and treaters.  It started to rain at dark and we only had about 10 kids come by.  We had fun anyway.


Our little witch dog.  Annabelle was so good, she didn't bark at the trick and treaters - Bandit did, so he had to go inside.

Dave put on the wolf mask he wore when Meg was Little Red Riding Hood.



...just waiting...

On the right - Elijah!

This is Evelyn from across the street, she is big sister to twins which I have posted about previously.  She came to see us on Saturday since they were going to New York to see Grandparents for Halloween.

Isn't she sweet?


I'm glad I had treats ready.
Blur, thanks to the rain.




Previous Halloween with the twins.


We had chili on the porch for dinner.  I found this cute idea on a favorite blog - pour the chili over fritos in the bag... loved the idea...

but I just put the fritos in a bowl and and put chili on top  ...  delish!

Had a nice coffee drink for dessert.

We enjoyed our Halloween.  We talked to the kids and Amy sent pictures - so cute.  We will be in St. Louis next year, hopefully! 

By the way, Loretta, I love the Tutu's!!!!

No comments: