Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Enjoying being at home in the winter.

I love the winter; I love all the seasons but winter is a time to enjoy the inside of your home doing the things you love. Dave hates the winter; he is an out door guy and doesn't like to be cooped up. It is a time when I can catch up on some of my favorite things.

I love this little sign - it reminds me to be appreciative of all the things I have. I am blessed with so many things, to mention just a few = family, friends, a job I love and a warm home and the ability to do things I love:

Cooking! Doesn't seem to be a chore to me; I love being in my kitchen. This year I am going to use my crock pot more. This book has a lot of recipes I want to try.

Crock Pot beef rib stew - delicious! I made Spaghetti Soup last night - it was so good and perfect for a snowy, cold night.

I am really enjoying my Hoosier Cabinet. All of my baking utensils are stored here and I use the counter top a lot.

I love decorating it too.

Target $ bin finds. I love the cupcake theme.

Ready to bake.

I have been making bread every week with my new bread machine.

Crock Pot white chicken chili.

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes - very good.

We keep this photo near by - their being 12 hours away doesn't get any easier. They will be four tomorrow, March 4. I can't believe it. We can't get there tomorrow but we will head west on Thursday.
I love decorating and moving things around. I guess I get it from my mother - she moved furniture around - it was part of her cleaning routine. I don't move furniture so much but I do move other stuff. I can never get my mantle the way I want it. I love the white pitchers - the greenery at the bottom had to go.

No comments: